Friday, April 19, 2013

Blueberry Buckle

I love baking and cooking for our family.  One thing that I actually don't like is making my kids eat cereal before school.  There's nothing wrong with it but I guess I just figure, I'm here and I should be able to make them a breakfast other than cereal.  Our kids LOVE coffee cakes and this one is a favorite so it's made quite often.  It comes from allrecipes.com.  Ingredients are easy, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries.  Enjoy!

Blueberry Buckle

Ingredients:
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
2. Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
3. In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan.
4. To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
5. Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment